Internet Data Exchange
Internet Data Exchange (IDX) is a system where Participants give each other permission to display their listings on each others’ web sites. The advantages of IDX are:
- Participants become empowered to deal with the real estate consumer of the future.
- Participants can fully market their services on the Internet.
- Participants can take advantage of the data brokers have contributed to the system.
- Participants can obtain and maintain first contact with the consumer in the real estate transaction.
- Consumers will stay longer when they visit Participants’ web sites because they offer more listing data.
NAR’s Board of Directors made reciprocal Internet Data Exchange a mandatory policy effective Jan. 1, 2002 to encourage uniform Internet listing opportunities for all REALTORS®. Display of Information is subject to the rules of the NJMLS and NJREC. Licensing Agreement required.
For more information and examples of IDX, click here.
NJMLS has partnered with RE/Advantage to offer the technology that facilitates downloading NJMLS IDX listings to a Participant’s web site. These technologies are known as “Smart Frame” search engines and “Data Feed” options.
Choose this option if you want quick and effortless set-up. Data is pre-formatted and updated every 15 minutes for the most up-to-date listing data feed.
Cost: $50 set up fee and $19.95 monthly maintenance charge.
IDX Data Feed
Choose this option if you rely on a web aggregator or a web designer for your programming and site development.
Cost: $300 set up fee and $20* monthly maintenance charge.
*Effective with the January 2017 billing.
Mobile Smart Frame
Add this feature to your IDX agreement and make it easier for your customers to search for listings using a web-enabled wireless device or smart phone. Only available as an add-on with a new or existing IDX agreement. Not a stand-alone product.
Cost: $25* set up fee and $9.95 monthly maintenance charge (per URL).
*Set up fee waived if selected with new IDX agreement.